I’m pretty sure you all have seen the 10 year challenge going around on social media. We saw funny memes, real growth in certain individuals, in some cases we want to find out what’s the secret in peoples fountain of youth, there was also some more serious highlights of things we need to take care and be aware of.
Looking back on my 20’s I would like to share a few tips that may change your life. I am not a writer so I will just get right to the point.
- Believe in yourself! Execute your goals, NOW. There is no better time than the present.
- Don’t just talk about your goals, take daily actions to accomplish them. You’ll be surprised how quickly time flies by.
- Fall in love with yourself first! It will allow you to take care of yourself mentally, emotionally, and physically.
- Travel / Vacation often. You won’t know where you want to be or what truly makes you happy until you’ve experienced different environments, and people outside of your comfort zone.
- Choose your friends and most importantly partner wisely.
- Don’t ever put yourself in a situation where you have to depend on a man, don’t settle for men who are undeserving of your love! Give the corny guy a chance.
- Empower yourself financially, get that side hustle and save your money.
- Take a chance and invest your money. If you can, buy property.
- Start a business, anything apart from your 9 to 5 that will allow you an additional income flow.
- You don’t need a degree to get a well paying job. What you need to do is work smart for everything you want in life.
- Don’t rush to have kids, wait until you are married (not with your boyfriend). Each to each own but there is nothing wrong with having kids when you are more established and better equipped to raise a child.
- If you are searching for you purpose, all you have to do is be silent and realise that you are a purpose. You being born is the purpose, you bring something unique to this world and there is only one you.
- Do things that make you happy and take responsibility of your life.
- Decide what type of person you want to be and what life you want to live. (Set those standards early on) Be who you are!
- Get out of your own way and don’t chase love, sometimes our standards interfere with divine intervention. Surrender to the universe and let the love you are dreaming of find you.
- You are good enough, cut the word fear from your vocabulary.
- Listen to your intuition, sometimes friends and family project their insecurities onto you. It’s ok to hear them out but don’t let their opinion differ your path.
- Treat people how you want to be treated, karma is real. It will affect you in this lifetime and the next!
- It’s ok to let people go. You deserve to be happy.
- Remember to connect with God, he is helping you on this beautiful journey.
Lastly, Have fun, life is meant to be lived. The trials and tribulations make you stronger, wiser and is needed for your soul’s evolution. Seasons come and go, just like your emotions, let them come and go. Once you become aware of yourself you can enjoy the game of life 🙂
If you ever need some motivation in life, come back to these pointers to put things into perspective.
We shine brighter together.